Lollapalooza is coming right up! Aug. 3-6, 2017. Take a few minutes to plan & get what you need now - with these KEY tips.
The fest will draw about 400,000 festival goers from near & far again this year! That's about 100,000 per day in Grant Park between 11 am - 10 pm. Here are our 15 top tips to plan now for what you need to do & take for a smooth & fun 4 days!
1. Logistics – Decide how you are getting to and from each day:
Driving is not ideal for the obvious: traffic into/out of the city, & designated driver. But if those aren’t problems for you, I suggest going now to this link for Spot Hero (or download their app) https://spothero.com/chicago/lollapalooza-parking just clic - buy your parking now! Not only is it cheaper, but then you just save the link or address and GPS it! You are already paid and have your space and know exactly where to go. Super easy and convenient.
A Lolla Shuttle - This is a great option, just go to their cool site and book one. They have a ton of options, and even ride sharing people can list their car space (cheap, & do it now for early reserv. disc). https://lollapaloozachicago.myfanzone.com/?utm_source=Lollapalooza&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=LPClink#/event/43796/getting_there/transportation_products/?dest_address=%2B041.85,-087.63&date=2017-08-03
Public Transport - Chicago has great public transportation. Here are the links to CTA (Chicago Transit Auth.) http://www.transitchicago.com/ for in and around the area and airports, and for Metra, in from the suburbs https://metrarail.com/
2. Register for Lolla Cashless Now! It’s free & easy to set up. Just go to this link to activate your wristband, link it to a debit or credit card and create a pin number. Then at the festival you can just tap your wristband and enter your pin # to pay for all of your food, drinks and merchandise! No need to carry around a bunch or cash & credit cards. https://www.lollapalooza.com/wristband/
We know the festival and we know what us girls may need on the go! Buy the essentials to take with you now.
3. It’s a long few days so we definitely say take an easy to carry backpack, or fanny pack. Yes, they will check your bag, but we've only waited maybe 5 mins in the bag check line. FestiPrep has some good options https://festiprep.com/collections/fanny-pack
There will be crowds everywhere, it will be HOT, and you will be there many hours! SO... take these things to keep you HAPPY and having FUN!
4. SaniGirl - This is the item that you will be happiest to have! The best way for women (Venus) & young girls (My Little Helper) to to deal with high traffic public bathrooms and portapotties! This product will keep you clean and germ free. These are convenient, easy to use disposable funnels to go to the bathroom standing at ease! No squatting, no contact with surfaces, no germs!. They are super compact and can easily fold and fit in your pocket, ready to pop open and use. Pack of 10 $7.99 or buy 3 packs and save Plus free shipping. www.sanigirl.com ships same/next day.
5. Collapsible Water Bottle - It will be hot, and you’ll be in the crowd, dancing, and walking alot! Make sure you stay hydrated with water. You can take in up to 2 unopened bottles of water (less than 1 liter each). Also take a Camelbak, or an empty collapsible water bottle. There are free water filling stations inside. Get one with a clip to hang on your bag or belt loop. They sell them everywhere, these you can find at Walmart.
6. Wipes for everything! – Savvy Travelers has really awesome wipes and a great selection to keep everything clean & fresh!! Wipes for your hands, deodorant, booty, makeup wipes, surfaces, electronics, etc. Individual packs are the way to go at a festival. https://www.savvytravelers.com/
7. Sunscreen – 4 days - plan for sun! These are great and small to take. Reminder, Lollapalooza does not allow any aerosol cans inside.
FACE - This one is fantastic, doubles as coverage, & your face won’t melt off or break out. Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral SPF 30-50 - the Mini Size is perfect ($15 online retailers) BODY – Get individual packs of Sunscreen such as these.. Sunscreen Lotion By Sunx Spf30+, 10 Packets - $6
8. Oil Control Blotting Tissues – For long days & nights these are GREAT and help keep you looking good! Just touch your face to remove shine and help keep makeup in place. Natural Bamboo Charcoal Oil Absorbing Tissuesor Zon Cosmedix Blotting Tissues are some we like. Little packs are good and they just pop out 1 at a time. (pack of 65 – 100 are $6-$7).
9. Phone & Portable Phone Charger – don’t forget the charger. Find compact good ones just about anywhere. Charge and take. This one from Go Travel is super sleek and light. They also have it in funky colors.
10. Sunglasses - Your go-to faves for all day.
11. Wristbands, ID, cash and credit card..
AND... Don't forget your PERSONAL STYLE! Get your festival fashion ready to go & wear comfortable shoes!
12.13.14... What else? Your usual touch up makeup that you fit in all the time, a few more wet-ones hand wipes, & a lil' pack of Advil ! Oh, and Don't loose your friends there - always stay together!
15. Map out your stages & times ahead of time https://www.lollapalooza.com/schedule/.
We hope you find our tips helpful! Share this with your friends!
If you have other go-to items for prep and take - share them with us!